Knights of Columbus
Formed on March 29, 1882 by Father Michael J. McGivney, the Knights of Columbus has over 13,000 councils like ours around the world representing 1.7 million members.
During 2006 the Knights’ charitable contributions reached $143.8 million in addition to 68.3 million hours of time, 393,807 blood donors and more than 6 million visits to the sick and bereaved. Over the past decade the Knights of Columbus has donated nearly $1.25 billion to charity and in excess of 593 million hours of volunteer service to charitable causes.
Holy Trinity’s Council was formed in March 28, 1994, and has kept true to the Knights of Columbus founding principles of charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism by centering on the Holy Trinity Parish, the Robinson Township community, the Pittsburgh Diocese, seminarian support, right to life and many other domestic and foreign Catholic outreach programs.